- Graduate, Southern Methodist University (B.B.A. 1976).
- Graduate, Louisiana State University Law Center (J.D. 1979).
- Member of Louisiana Law Review, 1977-1979.
- Author of “Special Problems of Interpretation Arising Out of Procedure for Levying Special Assessments (Landry v. Parish of East Baton Rouge, La. 1977),” 38 Louisiana Law Review 1073 (1978).
- Author of “The Work of the Louisiana Legislature for the 1978 Regular Session; State and Local Taxation; State and Local Government,” 39 Louisiana Law Review 102, 206 (1979).
- Author of “A Lawyer’s Mid-Career Memoir,” SB Magazine “Best Lawyer” (2007).
Born 1955 in Shreveport, Louisiana. Engaged in private practice of law in Shreveport, Louisiana (Jones & Odom, L.L.P.) since 1979. Honor graduate of Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University (B.B.A., accounting/finance, 1976), and the LSU Law Center (J.D. 1979) where he was a contributing member of the Louisiana Law Review (1977-1979). Member of the Bar of the States of Louisiana and Texas. Admitted to practice before all courts in the State of Louisiana (1979) and the State of Texas (1993), and before numerous federal district courts. Member of the Shreveport, Louisiana, Texas and American Bar Associations, and the Harry V. Booth and Judge Henry A. Politz Inns of Court (Master). Former member of the Board of Governors of the Louisiana State Bar Association. Former Council member of the Louisiana State Law Institute. Former member of the Louisiana Bar Foundation.
More than 35 years of broad experience to bear in representing a wide variety of business clients, major corporations, regional companies, and small businesses. Practice includes many areas of law, including corporate law, energy and environmental matters, business transactions and litigation. List of present and past clients includes the State of Louisiana, the City of Shreveport, the Caddo Levee District, LSU-HSC (now University Health System), national and regional banks, numerous medical groups and health care providers, shipyards, major oil companies, independent energy companies, pipeline companies, oil field supply companies, timber companies, farm operators and landowners.
Past and present board service on the following boards: St. Mark’s Cathedral School (4 terms), Y.M.C.A., Greater Shreveport Economic Development Foundation, Inc., Downtown Shreveport Unlimited, Shreveport Club. Past-president (twice) of C.E. Byrd High School Alumni Association Board. Chairman, St. Mark’s Cathedral School Annual Fund (2014-2015). Member, Committee of One Hundred, Inc.
Active on pro-bono basis representing various civic, faith-based and educational organizations, and organizations committed to the welfare of children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Active on a multi-state basis in land stewardship and nature conservancy projects, including long-term service as a board member of the Caddo Lake Institute, Inc., a non-profit scientific and education organization, and continued support of The Nature Conservatory of Louisiana.
Candidate, United States House of Representatives, 4th District of Louisiana, 2016. MarshallJonesCongress.com
- “Mike Pitman Campaign for Caddo District Court Judge” (2002);
- “Frances Jones Pitman Campaign for Caddo District Court Judge” (2008);
- “Judge Frances Jones Pitman Campaign for Louisiana Court of Appeal” (2012); and
- “Judge James E. Stewart Campaign for Caddo Parish District Attorney” (2015).
- Business Law
- Business Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Environmental Law
- Natural Resources
- 1979, Louisiana.
- 1980, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit.
- 1983, Texas.
Louisiana State University Law Center, J.D., 1979
Southern Methodist University, Cox School of Business, B.B.A., (Accounting/Finance) with honors, 1976
- Shreveport Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association (“LSBA”), and American Bar Association
- Member, LSBA Executive Council, 1981-1988, Secretary, 1984-1985, Chairman-Elect, 1985-1986, and Chairman, 1986-1987, Young Lawyers Section
- Member, LSBA Board of Governors, 1986-1987
- Louisiana State Law Institute (Member of Council, 1986-1987)
- Louisiana Bar Foundation (Member, Board of Directors, 1986-1988)
Shreveport, Louisiana, June 27, 1955